Entrepreneurial Excellence Program
Less than half of businesses survive the first five years.
Have you identified the keys to your success?
The EDC’s Entrepreneurial Excellence Program provides valuable advice to early stage start-up businesses and entrepreneurs as they navigate through the vulnerable stages of business development. A team of local business experts, researchers and specialists help increase the chance of success in the market by providing insight into:
- Effective Business Models
- Team Development
- Legal Foundations
- Marketing Strategies
- Funding Insight
- Entrepreneurial Experiences
Each class is held at TCC’s Advanced Manufacturing Training Center, from 5:30-9:00 p.m.
- August 26, 2014- Developing Successful Business Ideas: Is your business concept an idea or truly an opportunity? Learn how to tell the difference. Learn how to analyze the opportunity to develop an effective business model.
- August 28, 2014 – Building a Strong Business Team: The product or service you will offer is important. Even more important is the team you build – management, employees, board, investors and service providers. Learn how to build the best team possible to drive the success of your new venture.
- September 2, 2014 – Marketing Strategies and Effective Sales: No matter how beneficial your product or service is, if you don’t know who the customer is and communicate your message in an effective way to get their attention, you won’t have sales.
- September 4, 2014 – Proper Legal/Intellectual Properties Foundations: Many decisions are involved in establishing a new venture. Learn what the legal/intellectual properties options are and how they can affect your business growth.
- September 9, 2014- Funding and Financing: You’ve analyzed the opportunity and have begun to build a team to drive success. You’ve written a great business plan. How do you secure the financial resources to make it all happen?
- September 10, 2014 – Entrepreneurial Insights: A panel of experienced entrepreneurs will share their insights “from the trenches.” What have they learned? What would they do differently? What is their advice to you?
- September 16, 2014-The EEP Shark Tank Experience: You have seen the hit show on TV, now you will get to experience it LIVE! JT Burnette, a local serial entrepreneur, will be asking the very tough questions about your new business venture. It will be a wild night for sure.
- September 17, 2014- Local Support for Entrepreneurs: A gathering of industry representatives in Tallahassee and its surrounding counties that actively support the work and development of local entrepreneurs.
- September 23 and 25, 2014 – Business Presentations: You will have the opportunity to make a presentation to a group of experienced entrepreneurs and get feedback about your business, market and financial opportunities.
Cost & Application:
The course fee is $400 for up to two individuals per company.
Enrollment for each course is limited to the first 12 companies that qualify.
We strongly recommend that all individuals in management of the company participate together in the course.
Director, Entrepreneurial Excellence Program
“EEP is Tallahassee’s sheltered diamond for budding entrepreneurs. For us it provided a basic foundation of business and a support network as we continue on our journey. Additionally, our team grew close through this experience and our work output has doubled.” Here is another one that I thought of while typing, “Real Feedback for Real Entrepreneurs.” — Dominick Ard’is, Townahallic
“Thank you for inspiring me step out of my comfort zone and take a few risks! This class has been instrumental in giving me the confidence to move forward with my idea, build a business plan and execute this dream. It has also shown me that I did a good job picking my founding partners and that I’m on the right track for successful execution.” — Johanna Money, #Water
“For four weeks I was surrounded by people who sincerely wanted me to succeed, who helped prepare me to do that, and who will continue making themselves available to me. I received the resources I needed when I needed them.” – Judd Butler, PortStar
“The course provided a new frame work for how I view my business. It’s exciting to have a good idea, and the course provided encouragement while at the same time providing realistic ways to gauge whether my business plan was moving in the right direction.” – Greg Frost, Gulf Coast Tung Oil
“From beginning to end I gained valuable information that will certainly improve how I proceed with my PointCatcher concept. It is especially touching that people as accomplished as the teachers, who are surely very busy in your own right, made the time to share their valuable insight. By coming in to the class without an extensive background in business, the ability to gain so much information in a short amount of time was transforming.” — Barbara Wescott, PointCatcher, Inc.